I am honored to have been chosen as a recipient of the Fabulous Blog Ribbon bestowed upon me by fellow Ultimate Blog Challenge blogger Johnson Tosca, creator of Midnight Musings. She chose Refreshingly Riki as one of five blogs to honor, and I am thrilled! This award has rules I need to post and follow.
Rules for the Fabulous Blog Award:
1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and share the link back to the awarding blog.
2. Name 5 fabulous moments in your life.
3. Name 5 things that you love.
4. Name 5 things you hate.
5. Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers.
Five Fabulous Moments in My Life
- The first time I stepped out on the football field at the University of Arizona wearing an orange polyester Corona del Sol High School marching band uniform. Words cannot describe the thrill I got from being on a field that large for the first time, knowing we were about to perform a kick-ass show. (Incidentally we won top honors for that show!)
- Clicking on an email sitting in my Inbox from the Arizona Authors Association that informed me that I was a top-three finalist for their 2003 competition in the Essay/Article category. This moment stretched on into amazing the night I attended the awards ceremony and heard my name called as the First Place winner. To be chosen in a category with so many established, published writers was an honor I will never forget. There was no bigger delight than opening that anthology and seeing my name and words in print.
- Crossing the finish line of the PF Chang’s Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon for the first time. It was a goal I had set for myself and attained on my own. I trained with a group, but walked alone in the race with the encouragement of my friends and family. Although I was dead on my feet, I was overjoyed with my accomplishment.
- My fourth moment isn’t really my own moment, but it is a moment when I have never felt so proud. Watching my mom walk across the stage at her graduation from Arizona State University and shaking President Obama’s hand before receiving her PhD is by far one of my most treasured moments. She was an example of what hard work and dogged determination could produce.
- My last fabulous moment is a montage of moments in my mind. Sitting on the beach in Rocky Point, Mexico next to my dad reading and soaking up the sunlight. We have gone at least twice a year for as long as I can remember and that scene never gets old for me.
Five Things I Love
- The color yellow
- My friends and family
Five Things I Hate
- Emptying the dishwasher
- The phrase “put on your big girl panties and deal with it.” (See my blog post about this here).
- Flying in an airplane
- Reading the last page of a good book
- Losing at Scrabble
My Five Bloggers!
These are all bloggers I have discovered through the Ultimate Blog Challenge and that I have bookmarked and follow. They are unique in their approach and style, but each provide something I enjoy!
- Minette Riordan, creator of By Design
- Cheri deFonteny, creator of Idle Chatter
- Paula D’Andrea, creator of Rock Your Life
- Christine Mann, creator of You Never Stop Learning
- Cathy Morton, creator of Cathy’s Voice Now
So, fellow bloggers, I hope that you enjoy this honor and pass it along to five of your own deserving favorites!