During this month of the Ultimate Blog Challenge the awards and accolades have been flying between bloggers! It has been an amazing way to discover new content and give credit to bloggers who have inspired and entertained us.
I am pleased to have been chosen for this latest award, The Sisters of the World Blogging Award. It is given to female bloggers to encourage the spirit of sisterhood. I received the award from fellow (sister) blogger Cathy at Cathy’s Voice Now. Although all of the awards bestowed by fellow bloggers are wonderful, I especially enjoy this one because it encourages sisterhood in blogging. Women have a unique view of this world and I am happy to encourage their efforts.
The Four Simple Rules of the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
- Thank the giver and link to their blog.
- Post 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and let them know they’ve won!
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog.
Seven Things You Might Not Know About Miss Riki
- I LOVE karaoke! I just cannot get enough of it! My only gripe is that karaoke is a strictly after-hours affair, so I end up staying out much too late when I participate.
- I have four tattoos. No, that’s not excessive or even more than normal in today’s culture, but they each mean something to me and celebrate things that bring me joy.
- I am obsessed with Scrabble. I play on every electronic device I own, as well as an old-fashioned board. Watch out; I am quite competitive!
- I am studying English Literature and Linguistics. I know I have mentioned that I am a University student before, but never what my course of study is.
- I love to bake. This must be clarified by the fact that I hate to cook. However, if the recipe involves sugar, flour and eggs and produces a sweet confection; I’m all for it!
- I collect favorite words. I got his idea from a book I read long ago and have since forgotten and have been keeping a list of favorite words ever since. Most are English, some are French, and there are a few that I dreamt up myself.
- I love self-help books. I am a sucker for a book cover that promises to make me look better, feel better, or have better relationships. It’s crazy how much nonsense is published under the guise of being helpful, but I have actually garnered some pretty awesome advice along the way.
7 Bloggers You Should Absolutely Check Out!
- Lisa Selow, creator of Lisa Marie Selow
- Tina Britt, creator of Athena Brady
- Kimberly Basco, creator of The Daily Details
- Laurie Higgens, creator of Core Connexxions
- Amy Harden, creator of Cyber-Hot Flash
- Elizabeth Towns, creator of 31 Days Early I Rise
- Michelle Hawkins, creator of Wirequeen
Thank you so much to my fellow bloggers for such fabulous content and fun!