Riki’s Roundup: Out & About
It’s been awhile since I’ve checked in and let you all know what I’ve been up to, and I’ve got so much fun stuff to share! I’ve had such a great time writing for some various outlets on the web and wanted to share with you some of the highlights here today.
So, sit back, and click away to catch up!
Up first, I’ve had the opportunity to read some really wonderful books for LitReactor, where I always have the opportunity to stretch my reading muscles with new and exciting books. Plus- something new for me over there is writing about the writing life, and I loved it!
- I’m a huge fan of all things Sarah Dessen (who is like the Queen of YA) and I loved writing this column about her books with a cool food-pairing twist. Check out My Summer of Sarah Dessen for all of the fun!
- I absolutely loved reading outside of my comfort zone for this column on Six Novels on the Transgender Experience. There were so many wonderful titles that month!
- I had the chance to read novels that were just pure fun and games in this roundup of books featuring Teens in Tinseltown: Six Hollywood YA Novels. So exciting!
- And here is my column about the writing life! I wrote about Six Ways to Survive the Query Trenches, since it’s a subject that’s so close to my heart right now. (Seriously- the waiting is the worst!)
Next, we’ve been very busy over at Writer Diaries where we regularly talk about everything related to the writing life. I’m so happy to be a part of such a lively group of writers! Here’s some highlights:
- I delved into the motivational side of things with this Song For a Scene where I talked about a U2 song that kept me inspired for my novel, THAT YEAR.
- I also had the opportunity to review a really fun craft book for Writer Diaries! Check out what I had to say about Ariel Gore’s HOW TO BECOME A FAMOUS WRITER BEFORE YOU’RE DEAD.
And for something fun and different, I was so honored to be featured as a blogger in Michelle Hauck’s new blog series highlighting book bloggers.
- You can check out my interview with Michelle here!
So, that’s what I’ve been up to in the past few months! Thanks for following along!