Refreshingly Riki is pleased to be a part of the Official Blog Tour for Cathy Perkins’ novel FOR LOVE OR MONEY. I’ve got some awesome things in store for you today including vital book information, a chance to win a Kindle Paperwhite, and a Top Ten List from Cathy Perkins herself! Here’s a little blurb about the book:
When Holly Price trips over a friend’s dead body while hiking, her life takes a nosedive into a world of intrigue and danger. The verdict is murder—and Holly is the prime suspect.
Of course, the fact that the infinitely sexy—and very pissed off—cop threatening to arrest her is JC Dimitrak, who just happens to be Holly’s jilted ex-fiancé, doesn’t help matters.
To protect her future, her business…and her heart…the intrepid forensic accountant must use all her considerable investigative skills to follow the money through an intricate web of shadow companies, while staying one step ahead of her ex-fiancé. She better solve the case before the real killer decides CPA stands for Certified Pain in the Ass…and the next dead body found beside the river is Holly’s.
And now I’m pleased to present:
Cathy Perkins’ Top Ten Items Every Author With a Book on Deadline/About to Release Needs
1. A forgiving editor who still pushes you to write the best possible book
2. A fabulous art department to come up with fantastic book covers
3. A copy-editor who is NOT interested in rewriting your book
4. A muse that doesn’t take a vacation on page 250 of a 400 page book
5. A life-time supply of M & Ms to keep your energy level high.
6. Since we can’t actually add additional hours to the day, time management strategies
7. Visine to get the red out.
8. A spouse who knows to do the laundry, vacuum the floor, and cook something edible.
9. A sense of humility and a sense of humor. Humility for when you receive glowing praise, just so your head doesn’t grow too large, and humor for when your manuscript baby gets bashed by people who may not understand it.
10. A vision for the story. If you don’t have one for each story (whenever it comes: early on, mid-stream, or when you’re in final edits), it’ll be too easy to get blown around by other people’s opinions, too difficult to assess whether feedback is valuable (and requires change) or superfluous (and can be appreciated and then discarded).
Thank you to Cathy Perkins for allowing me to be a part of her Official Blog Tour!
Cathy Perkins is offering a Kindle Paperwhite to one lucky winner as part of the For Love of Money Blog Tour celebration! Simply fill out the rafflecopter form provided below for your chance to be entered.