I’m pleased to participate in the official Blog Tour for Katee Robert’s latest novel, HIS TO TAKE! Kate is one of my favorite romance authors and she was kind enough to stop by today with a very special Guest Post! So sit back and read all about the book. Then stay for Katee’s awesome post about can’t-miss military men in film and television! (PLUS- there’s a giveaway!)
About the book:
Erin Robinson is having an epically bad year. Her blossoming career on Broadway tanked, forcing her to crawl back to home to Wellington. The icing on her failure cake? Her former on-again, off-again fling is in town, and the sexy Marine is taking up way too much space.
Warren Davis always knew Erin was special, which is exactly why he can’t have her. A girl like her deserves something permanent—something neither of them wants. But now that they’re both back in town and she’s right there in front of him, a challenge in her eyes he’s never been able to resist, he’s questioning everything.
That challenge quickly escalates into an epic game of Truth or Dare. Erin’s sure she’s got him on lock, but as the night progresses, Warren’s dares intensify, drowning her in lust. But with the past still breathing down their necks, there’s no way either of them can win…
Guest Post With Katee Robert:
Hottest Military Men in Film and Television
There is a wealth of sexy military men across multiple mediums, and so I had lots of options to watch television and movies for research. Yeah…research. And when it comes to this type of research, sharing is caring, which is why I’ve put together a list of my top five hottest military men for your reading pleasure!
Without further ado (and in no particular order because I couldn’t pick favorites):
- Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, NCIS. Come on, you knew Gibbs was going to be on this list. I have a deep and abiding weakness for silver foxes, especially silver foxes who have a no-nonsense exterior but clearly love their team and investigate military crimes and… I could go on and on about it. Gibbs embodies the strong silent type that is one of my favorite character quirks, and he does it better than pretty much everyone else!
- Sergeant First Class William James, The Hurt Locker. James KILLED me. He’s such a broken man in so many ways, the kind that it takes more than the love of a good woman to “cure” but I can’t help loving him for all the jagged pieces all the same.
- Goose, Top Gun. Come on, you knew he was going to be on here. He was a better man than Maverick across the board, from the way he loved his wife to his easy going nature. I STILL haven’t recovered from his death. Heck, when I watch Top Gun, I have myself half convinced that he didn’t really die (shhhh, just let me have my fantasy world).
- Cameron Poe, Con Air. Don’t look at me like that. I know Nicholas Cage is not a particularly attractive dude, and I know that technically Poe was retired military, but he counts! I think I imprinted on this movie when I was a kid and saw it, because I don’t care how bad it is, if it’s on TV, you’ll have to wrestle me for the remote to try to change the channel. I love Poe. I mean, I’m not too keen on the fact that he didn’t just walk away from that initial fight because, seriously, I’d be WICKED PISSED if my husband left me pregnant and alone for years on end while he was in jail…but I digress. I do love how much he loves his wife, and how viciously he defends that silly little bunny that he’s determined to gift his daughter with. So he’s on the list.
- Last, but certainly not least, is Captain Steve Hiller, Independence Day. I mean, COME ON. He punched that alien straight in the face and then flew an alien ship into space on what was, for all intents and purposes, a suicide mission. All the while, he had quips and looked great while he was doing it. And I love how into his girl and her boy he was. Basically, he’s just the bee’s knees.
So there you have it! I’ll admit my taste might be a bit…eccentric. And if I were left to my own devices, this list would be ongoing and have an even larger variety. Alas, there can be only five!
IN BED WITH MR. WRONG
HIS TO KEEP
FALLING FOR HIS BEST FRIEND
HIS LOVER TO PROTECT